HPV Vaccine Toolkit
Important Note: Recently, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) changed the recommendations for the HPV vaccine from 3 doses to 2 doses for younger adolescents (ages 9 through 14). IKC, as well as many other organizations, are in the process of updating our information to reflect those changes.
The general information on the vaccine posted here is still reliable, but some resources may not yet reflect the vaccination schedule update. Thank you for your patience.
To learn more about these changes, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2016/p1020-hpv-shots.html
Videos: HPV Vaccine Conversations
- Top 10 List for HPV #VaxSuccess
- HPV Portal - Links to HPV Topics and Professional Resources
- How Many Cancers Are Linked with HPV Each Year?
- Supplemental Information and Guidance for Use of 9-valent HPV Vaccine
- What Can We Do?
- Best Practice Guidelines for Immunizations
- CDC's Quality Improvement Tool for Immunizations
Strategies to Improve Vaccination Rates
Clinician Resources and Talking Points
Other Helpful Links/Websites
- American Academy of Family Physicians: Human Papillomavirus Vaccine
- KU Cancer Center Endorses Updated HPV Recommendations
- NCI-designated Cancer Centers Urge HPV Vaccination for the Prevention of Cancer
- American Cancer Society HPV Resource Clearinghouse
- 3 Protect Kids
- AAP's Childhood Vaccination Map
- HPV VACs: Just the Facts
- ACS HPV General Information
- AAP's Nursing Tip Sheet